Friday 2 September 2011

Payday Purchase


Before I decided I wanted to work in Fashion, I was studying law. I gave it up for a number of reasons. Firstly, I got teased by a few of the girls who called me legally blonde. Next I watched The Devil Wears Prada and realised that fashion was more than just what people are wearing. Third, I discovered the genius that is Rachel Zoe.

I've always loved Rachel Zoe ever since that day. She literally is to fashion what Jay-Z is to Hip-Hop. I follow her tv show and the celebrities she dresses like a religeon. I knew through her programme that she was launching her clothes, but imagine my delight when I walked into Selfridges and discovered she had also launched a footwear range.

I was looking at the new Jimmy Choo riding boots but compared to these 'Jen' boots by Rachel Zoe, they might as well have been from Primark. At £500 cheaper than the JC's, these boots were a clear winner.
These boots are 16" with a 1 1/2 inch heel and a silver chain that hangs from the lower shaft of the boot. The fact that they are a riding boot make them a trend away from the biker boots of last year, and also means that they are a key item that will last through seasons to come.

Available instore now at Selfridges