Saturday 17 September 2011

Ashish SS 2012


One show that took Spring/ Summer to the absolute extreme.  Indian born designer Ashish this weekend showed a collection of what was seemingly inspired by gardening.  Models walked the runway with flat, heavy boots that were stuffed with flowers, straw trilby hats and a whole lot of dark, Gothic make up.

Heavily featured were the designers famed sequins, and the prints were an array of flowers, from daisy's to poopys and sunflowers to roses.  Although I wouldn't describe the collection as highly wearable, those out there who love to push fashion as far as they can (Paloma Faith was in the frow, obvs) will no doubt thrive of this bizarre collection.

The were flowers clashing with animal prints, denim trousers with paper waits that were tied with rope and a rather bizarre brick print on a few pieces.  If truth be told it was a collection I cant quite get my hear around, some pieces I look at that I can totally see myself strutting through the city wearing, then others (the asymmetric dress with that endless slit that begs the question, why even sew it?) that I just cant understand.