Saturday 15 October 2011

Fashion Faux Pas: Frankie Cocozza


We ll know how addicted I am to reality TV.  I literally have no time in my life to even get more than 6 hours sleep any night, but I make an exception for shows such as MIC, TOWIE and X Factor.  Not only do these shows entertain me as well as millions of others because we get to document weeks of other peoples lives, but the outfits are, to be honest, off the hook.

Whilst the contestants and judges are, in my opinion, a lot better than before, the outfits on the show have left a lot to be desired.  Cheryl & Danni had even had polls going about them.  Tulisa and Kelly may no doubt look stylish in a lot of their outfits, they hardly stand out for people like me to notice do they?

The same goes for the contestants.  Their make overs weren't dramatic, merely accentuating the features the wannabes already have.  Frankie Cocozza is another story.  As the first contestant of the competition he walked on with his cheeky demeanour with that indie hair and voice and his cute little smile so successfully that I wouldn't be surprised if Bieber himself was worried.

Personally I think that type of thing Frankie and Janet had going on is slightly overrated (there's only so much Adele-ness and Ed Sheeren-ess I can tolerate - it's like how amazing Barbours were before the chavs discovered cheaper alternatives!)  But on the plus side Frankie did have his own style that made him stand out.  Or so I thought until he strutted out onto the stage last week with his guyliner, big bangs and vile jewellery.

Now I'm not arsed about a guy wearing make up, a man bag or even women's underwear (I know but I think it''s cute) but that necklace, I feel violated having seen that on him last week, and again this week.  Gary goes on about how cheap Louis makes his acts look - but doesn't mind sending one of his own acts out wearing a necklace from Primark??