Thursday 10 November 2011

Paris Je T'aime


So I've just got back from a lovely long weekend in Paris and enjoyed it so much I couldn't help but blog about it.  I've been there before when I was younger, but I was too young to appreciate just how amazing the city is.  Whilst of course I went to Disney and had a magical time (honestly I think my friend was considering leaving me there) I managed this time to visit some of the 3800 monuments the city holds.

I managed to get to the Louvre and see the Mona Lisa, which I know many people wont appreciate but I was so excited, and although hard to locate didn't disappoint! We walked from the Louvre along the Seine to the Eiffel Tower, which I actually visited 3 times in four days.  I remember last time I went to Paris thinking the Tower simply looked like a huge iron eyesore, but 6 years later I cant get enough of it - especially when it sparkles as much as Edward Cullen on the hour every hour!







On our way to find the Champs Elysees and see the Arc De Triomphe we got off at Place De La Concorde and took a wrong turning, and how glad of that wrong turning were we! We ended up on Rue du Faubourg Saint - Honore - which you my lovely little fashionistas will recognize as one of the most fashionable streets in the world, harbouring not only stores such as Chanel, Hermes and Jenny Packham, but also the residence of Nicolas Sarkozy (yes we did get a glimpse before his guards ushered us away from the street.







Not only were the store window displays amazing, but the buildings themselves were simply stunning.  I couldn't help but snap some pictures.  Whilst I couldn't get many (I mean seriously, how embarrassing is it to stand there taking snaps!) I will tell you that I very nearly combusted with the excitement!