Tuesday 15 October 2013

Fringespiration

 
So, for those who follow me on Instagram and Twitter (myfashionbox), you'll know that last week I decided (on a whim) to have a fringe cut for Vogue's Fashion Night Out - after all, if you are going to make a hair statement, what better event to do it for right?

It's been less than a weeks since I opted to get bangs, every time I get them I have a vision of what I want it to look like (this time it was Jessica Biel) and it very rarely turns out like that and I am instead left trawling through countless celebrity hairstyle images to gain an idea on how to style my fringe. I know that I'm not the only girl to do this, hence the reason behind what you're now reading.  My fringespiration (in no particular order)...

1.Zoe Deschanel
 I don't care who you are, any female (or male) on this earth who says they don't fancy something about Zoe Deschanel is a liar, be it her style, nails or those to die for bangs, she has it all going on.  She's one of those lucky people who can still carry of any hair style with her fringe and it's makes us completely lustful.
 
2.  Sienna Miller


Another who looks beyond gorgeous with a fringe is British model and actress Sienna Miller.  Wearing hers with an updo and a few strands left down to frame the face, this is a style that most of us can imitate with ease, and is perfect for those early mornings when you are left with little time left to style.

 
3. Lily Collins

We all know having a fringe can be high maintenance,  another simple but effective way to style yours is demonstrated here by Lily Collins, a simple 'half up, half down' style, add in a few loose waves and you're good to go.
 
4. Leighton Meester
 

If, like me, you have fine hair, you might find having a fringe somewhat challenging.  Take notes from style icon Leighton Meester and add some curls to the length of your hair to give the appearance of volume and texture.
 
5. Heidi Klum
 

As one of the original supers, everything Heidi Klum does is fabulous.  This look though, tops them all.  Sweeping her hair into a side parting and adding some Old Hollywood curls, this look is the epitome of glamour.
6.  Cheryl Cole

It's very rare that I add Cheryl Cole to any kind of list of my favourite things, yet here she is.  I'm partial to a ponytail and I like the way that Cheryl's softly parted her fringe down the middle to frame her face.
 
7.  Rooney Mara

For someone like me, this look is totally unachievable. You have to have the right kind of look to pull off a fringe like this and Rooney Mara definitely has that Je ne sais quoi.